The news broke from a weekly newsletter called Weekly Famitsu!
[dropcap size=small]L[/dropcap]ast year, Koei Tecmo formally announced that Dynasty Warriors 9 would be ‘Open World’ in an attempt to take all of the maps from the previous games and mesh them into one.
- The Three Kingdoms of China will all be linked in one open world
- Bows are back and any character can use them.
- Main missions and side missions will appear on the map with a difficulty rating. This rating can be lowered by fulfilling various objectives beforehand.
- Siege options will be available when taking over bases: grappling hooks, options to change the environment and more will be available.
- Rather than ‘levels’ a la previous Dynasty Warriors games, progression will be broken up over eras.
- Each Warlord will have their own story, which takes place in their respective era.
- The Yellow River takes five real life minutes to cross – that’s your sense of scale.
- There are 10+ big cities in the game.
- Horse will be your best transport option, but there will be fast travel, too.
Siliconera originally reported the “rebirth of the series” and developer Omega Force’s idea to take all the maps from the previous Dynasty Warrior games and put them into one game.
The game is about 40% complete and will be released for the PS4. Other platforms may also get the release by the time the game is complete. A release date will be determined as the game gets closer to completion. Below is a teaser of Dynasty Warriors 9! Check it out!
What do you think of having an ‘Open World’ for Dynasty Warriors 9? Let us know in the comments below!